If an effort to promote local businesses, Connecticut Roundup Deals takes $5 off your purchase with free shipping to help local businesses strive during these challenging time.
Your gift cards are good for lift tickets, lessons, and food in our restaurants.
SHIPPING IS FREE for gift cards. Enter GIFTCARD at checkout!
In 1947, Skiing Hall of Fame member, Walt Schoenknecht, created Mohawk Mountain Ski Area amidst the rugged beauty of northwestern Connecticut. In 1948 Walt worked with several local engineers to develop the very first snowmaking system ever used at a resort, the basis for the technology used today, worldwide. Mohawk Mountain has remained a family business and a favorite destination for over 70 years. Mohawk Mountain Ski Area is a private corporation working in partnership with the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection at Mohawk State Park. Mohawk State Forest has cross-country trails for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing at the top of the mountain but are not maintained by or connected with the ski area. Access to the state park is obtained off of Rt. 4 in Cornwall.
- Elevation Summit : 1600 feet
- Elevation Base : 960 feet
- Vertical Drop : 650 feet
- Longest Trail : 1.25 miles (Deer Run)
- Number of trails : 26
- Lifts : 8
- 5 triples
- 3 Surface Conveyors (“Magic Carpets”)
- (2 in the Hawk’s Nest, 1 on Lower Mohawk )
- Acreage : 112 skiable acres on 350 scenic acres of state forest.
- Snowmaking : 99% of all terrain.
- Night Skiing Trails : 16 Trails
Peace • Love • Unity • Happiness For All