The Church of Eternal Light is hosting its annual autumn Psychic Fair on Sunday, October 23 from 2pm – 4pm at 1199 Hill St, Bristol.
The Pagan Spiritualist church will have 3-5 readers on hand specializing in tarot, runes, scrying, and mediumship.
Curious about The Church of Eternal Light?.
It began as a schoolhouse which was built in 1884 by Miss Hattie O. Utter, a day school teacher in the North Chippens Hill district of Bristol. A year later she left the area to return to her hometown to marry and the church and Sunday school was continued by the Sessions family of Bristol.
In 1889, the schoolhouse officially was named Mount Hope Chapel.
By 1907, the church became more than a Sunday school and had evolved into a non-denominational parish that had frequent sermons by ministers of different religions.
In 1962, it changed hands once again and became the First Michel Spiritualist Church. Twenty years later, the church again changed hands, and was renamed The Church of Eternal Light.
In the year 2000 a new steeple and bell tower were erected, and a year later the property officially became a Pagan Spiritualist church.
To this day, The Church of Eternal Light serves the citizens of Bristol, as well as any who wish to attend — some even coming from out of state — with a multi-denominational means of worship.
The pagan Church is rumored to be haunted by a ghostly face that appears in the bell tower windows. Witnesses also have reported spirit orbs here. One legend says a parishioner was once struck by lightning on the church front steps, and it is he who haunts the place.
The Church of Eternal Light is located at 1199 Hill St, Bristol.
Services are also held every Sunday at 2 p.m.