SPECIAL TO THE CENTRAL POST
Last week produced a flurry of activity at CT Lottery headquarters, which resulted in more than $1,000,000 in prize winning ticket claims; giving many an exciting way to celebrate the holidays! Some of those big lottery wins include:
• The lottery’s new “Viva Las Vegas” scratch game was a hot ticket for Bonnie Wilson of Middletown who began her week by claiming the game’s first $100,000 top prize. “I took a picture of the ticket and sent it to my daughter…then I made a list,” Wilson said. “I’m going to pay off all my credit cards, get some work done on my car, and put some money aside.”
• Not to be outdone, Nima Lama of Newington also stopped by Lottery headquarters in Rocky Hill by to claim a Viva Las Vegas $100,000 top prize. Of the 4 top prizes in the game, two more remain to be claimed.
• Oscar Jimenez of New Britain revealed six red words on his “$100,000 Cashword 6” scratch ticket and won the scratch game’s $100,000 top prize. “I left the house to use the ticket checker. When I saw that I really won $100,000, I started screaming,” Jimenez told Lottery officials with a laugh. “This will go a long way toward helping my kids, my family, and to buy a new truck.”
• Two “Cash5” draw game winners, Alfred Bowes of Naugatuck and Richard Mercier of Waterbury each claimed a $100,000 top prize for matching all five of the winning numbers drawn.
• Holiday scratch game prize winners include Richard Palmenta, Jr. of New Milford cashed in a $100,000 top prize winning “Red Riches” ticket and Mario Sierra of Bridgeport claimed a $30,000 top prize playing “Happy Holidays.”
• A top prize winning “5 Card Cash” ticket for $255,555 was claimed by Annas Omari of Windsor Locks for the December 18 drawing, bringing the total number of top drawing prize wins in the game to an even 10 since ticket sales began May 4.