Another Round Of “Discussions” Regarding The Fate Of Memorial Blvd School

Memorial_Blvd_SchoolBRISTOL – A last minute task force was formed to find out what to do with the empty Memorial Boulevard School. Because of municipal red tape and political positioning the process for the buildings fate seems longer than the buildings construction.

The task force was so last minute, Councilperson Ellen Zoppo-Sassu said “Last night, a task force was formed with citizen members, members of various city commissions, and will be co-chaired by Henri Martin and me. Stay tuned for details. As Councilman Martin and I heard about this for the first time last night, we will need a little prep time to discuss logistics before calling the first meeting.”

Since then both councilors have set a date and agenda for the task force.  “The first meeting of the MBS Task Force will be this coming Monday, April 14, 2014, in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, at 7pm. We encourage everyone to attend and help establish the priorities!” said Zappo-Sassu

When Bristol shot down the private sale of the former School, it brought them right back to the drawing board in figuring out what to do with it. It seems the task will not be resolved anytime soon.

Author: The Roundup
The Roundup team works hard to report, create and aggregate news stories that helps The Connecticut Roundup serve as a user’s guide for everything Connecticut, both in print and online. Through world-class design, bold photography, and captivating writing, they point you to the best in local news, business professionals, food, drink, arts, culture, fashion, and more. You can contact this group of amazing people at team@ctroundupmedia.com.